Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Years Weekend

Just thought I'd share what we did this weekend. The Ricks family, consisting of my sister Heather, her husband Steve, and their 3 boys, Seth, Trevor & Alex came up for 4 days. It was a ton of fun. These are some of my favorite pics captured this weekend.
This is all 5 of the cousins on the 'batman' sled that Trevor got from Santa. With all these boys Heather's house is full of superhero stuff....but not for long. Little pink things are appearing slowly but surely. They are expecting baby 'Danielle' in 3 short months.
This is my sister Heather and her husband Steve. Steve made the same mistake KC did when I was 6 months pregnant with Kamron and we went snowmobiling. They tend to forget that the extra 5 or 6 inches in your belly at that stage makes it harder to reach around them and hold on. Heather almost came off the back just like I did 10 years ago. LOL! I should have warned her. She made Steve ride behind her after that.



This is Seth. The biggest Ricks brother. He's 5 years old. He had a few issues the first day with the snow......got stuck in the slide off area between the window and the house.....then he lost a glove never to found again till Spring (if we're lucky), but when it was all said and done he didn't want to go home.


This one and the next one are my favorites..... This is Kamron in his truest form. This child was born to be in the snow. He only gets about 20 minutes outside every day at lunch (not something I am very happy about) so when he gets home from school I pretty much let him play outside till it's dark. He's one of those kids that (if I don't pay enough attention to this need right now) might eventually run off and be a ski-bum living in a tree somewhere.
And the last one. This has got to be one of my all time favorite pictures of KC & Bethany. We got the kids snowshoes for Christmas and they love them. Kamron is more of a speed demon (spending time snowboarding, snowmobiling, and on the sleds) but these snowshoes are exactly Bethany's pace. Her and Daddy are now calling each other their "snowshoeing buddies". Way cute. I'm sure they'll use them tons, too. Some of our bestest friends, Chris & Tracy, got us a family pass to the Little Ski Hill & Trails this year. Woo Hoo! We love you guys!
I also just wanted to say how thankful we are that we were led by The Spirit to McCall and are blessed enough to be able to have the time and resources to enjoy the beauty we are completely surrounded by.




7 comments:

Jared Autrey said...

Those are some awesome pictures! We miss you guys! Play in the snow a little bit for us too, okay!

Nichole said...

i love cam's pic too. but after the bunny fiasco, i don't know if i can be your friend. i hate to crush your sweet heart. hey, check out the chicks. if you want in say it now!

Nichole said...

wanted to see if my pic showed up this time
HI

Nichole said...

hey, it worked. thanks for being my test subject

Nichole said...

Hey~I responded to your "chicks" post. catch ya tonight girlfriend!

Nichole said...

Hey where's pix of that beautiful Tessa with a name spelling ;)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Brielle said...

I have to agree with Bethany, I am not as much into speed so I love to snow shoe, I think that is pretty cool that she and her daddy can go do that together and enjoy being outside.
I heard you had the baby and everything went well. Can't wait to see pictures of her. Congratulations!