Wednesday, January 2, 2008

THE BUNNY

Soooooo.... being in a friendly type mood considering I only have 27 hours (and counting) of daycare left before vacation....if you can call it that... I thought I'd share something weird about us. We all want to know weird things about people.....don't even act like you don't. Girl, you know it's true.
So I begin. If you are so priveleged to be reading this blog today you will be informed of a great Nay Family Secret. Let me introduce you to another family member at the Nay home. This is 'THE BUNNY'. THE BUNNY has been a part of the KC & Crystal relationship since 1995 or 6-ish. I brought it back from Chicago (the birthplace of beanie babies, by the way) and gave it to KC as a gift. He, being the dutiful boyfriend at the time, claimed to love THE BUNNY. I, being the (insert whatever you want here) girlfriend, began to pretend that I was jealous of the attention THE BUNNY was getting. I had no other option but to begin to torture it.

And here we are 12 years later......THE BUNNY gets found by me and gets tortured. IE: Hung by it's ears from the rafters, cooked in tinfoil above a candle flame...etc etc. Then I hide it again and KC begins looking. When he finds 'THE BUNNY' he 'sets it free' again (meaning he hides it somewhere else). He usually takes pictures of it waving or hopping into our house (he claims it's living free in the wild and will only come visit when I'm gone)......this is one of those pictures above. Below is another one he took with a note the Laurels had written to me. JERK! (I, BTW, just said the word 'jerk' out loud, too. This is how serious THE BUNNY situation is in our house.)

Our home is now split into TEAMS. KC & Bethany against Crystal & Kamron. Now....after reading this post, if you don't want to be our friends anymore we understand. We have had full-on-knock-down-drag-out-wrestling-matches over THE BUNNY in our home. It gets scary. I believe the longest it was hidden was about 2.5 years. Yes I said years. And yes, KC had hidden it that time in the coat pocket of a long overcoat he inherited from some great uncle. A coat he's only ever worn 2x to funerals. He's good. He's scary good. As of now, Kamron and I are in pursuit of THE BUNNY. I am in the process of cleaning out our bedroom (the only place THE BUNNY is allowed to be hidden) to make room for the baby. So I WILL find it today. I will. THE BUNNY WILL BE MINE. Maybe this is why I share this information. It's a huge celebration when one team finds THE BUNNY! Why not share the good news with our friends and loved ones??? LOL....
And- I know you've probably never been asked this question before in your life........but I'm looking for new 'torture' ideas. Any suggestions?? I'm thinking rabbit stew........

3 comments:

Nichole said...

After reading, I'm a little freaked out right now

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I can't believe the bunny is still around and fight is still going strong! I thought it was funny back in '95. It's hysterical now. (In case anyone is wondering, they really do have wrestling matches over the bunny.)
I just saw the pic of your little girl. She is such a cutie! She looks so much like a Nay it's crazy.
As for the bunny... fill it w/ buck shot! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Crystal! I can't believe the bunny thing is still alive and the fight is still strong w/ you guys. That is too funny.
Your mom gave me the adress for your blogspot. What a georgous little girl you have! She looks so much like a Nay it killed me.
As for the bunny, you should cut a small hole in it and fill it w/ buck shot!! :)